Saturday, June 24, 2017

Fresh Start Part 2

First off, more of the commissioned series I began in the previous blog post, starring Phantom Lady/Night Angel and a group of decidedly ungentlemanly bikers.




This series will conclude with three more images that I'll include in my next blog post, probably next weekend.

Now on to the extras... the test and experiments, some of which, as you've noticed, do find their way into HQ images posted either at D.A. or here.

Some people love Duster's voluminous hairstyle, some don't. Based on some D.A. polls I've run the vast majority like her just the way she is and I'm inclined to agree. But that doesn't stop me from experimenting every now and then. Here's an image of Duster sporting a hair prop called Raffaella.


It's probably the best of the alternatives I've found for her, but... the hair prop I usually use for her (a highly customized version of SAV Dynasty) is, needless to say, unique and makes her readily identifiable, even with her costume off (and let's face it, she spends an inordinate amount of time in that state).

Now as obsessed as I am with Duster, it isn't always about her. To prove that, here are some test images for other characters. In particular here are some images of D.A. original characters that I created to test their customized versions that I've used in the Raiders of the Lost Eye comic.

RenderPretender's Black Mass and The Therapist:


HoorayforSloth's Red Glaive and Purity:


... and White0wlSuperheroine's White Owl:


In addition to testing clothing props, I also create test renders of new figures/characters and, often, of props and sometimes even whole sets. So here are a few of those experiments, which I'm sure will end up in HQ images... someday.

Duster in a few cage props:




Next, several of you may have seen the whirlwind effect I used with Duster for the opening page of the commissioned Dust in the Breeze serial. It got a very positive response. I first tested that effect in this image, which I may get around to rendering in HQ sometime:


That's a prop from FSL Elements of Magic. It's really great to finally be able to give Duster's powers more of a visual representation.

And last... well I can't do a blog post without including a few test images of Duster in (and out of) sexy outfits, can I? Here ya go!


...and here's 70's 'do Midnight Angel to tell you that's all, folks!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely set of Images.
    Got to say Raffaella hair makes Duster looks so different, I would consider it a AU version of Duster. Love the Trio of Duster in Cages.
    Also awesome to see more of your fantasy version of the DA OC from Raiders.

    ReplyDelete